Inter-Island Shapes by Jim Phillips
Inter-Island Surfshop surfboards shaped by Jim Philips is the way to go for California surfers. Reasons: no shipping, no packing, or insurance from Hawaii to California which saves several hundreds of dollars. Inter-Island Surfshop Honolulu offers our stable of local shapers for all your Oahu needs — Contact Us!
Growing up on Oahu, one of Jim's first crushes was with Inter-Island Surf Shop. At the age of 16 Jim would bring his boards to IISS to have them glassed. "Back in '64, I remember thinking that if there was a place I would like to work it would be Inter-Island and Hobie. Since nobody was offering me a job I just continued to shape in my dad's carport and bring my boards to Inter-Island for glassing. $25 was a lot of money for a kid back in '64 but that was the cost and they were the place to be. Sparky was someone we looked up to as a pioneer and craftsman - I'm honored to carry on his legacy with the IISS family...it's a dream come true."
- DIAMOND HEAD report not available.
- MAKAHA reported 1-2 ft at 2:30 PM HST.Wind is W 10-15.
- EHUKAI reported 4-6 ft at 2:30 PM HST.Wind is E 5-10.
- MAKAPUU reported 2-4 ft at 2:30 PM HST.Wind is N 20-25.
- SANDY BEACH reported 1-3 ft at 2:30 PM HST.Wind is ENE 10-20. SHORE BREAK
- WAIKIKI reported 0-1 ft at 2:30 PM HST.Wind is NE 5-10. CANOES
- SUNSET reported 5-6 ft at 10:00 AM HST.Swell direction from the NNW. Wind is NE 25-30.
- Surf Forecast for OahuNOTE: Please check with local authorities regarding beach closures. Surf along north facing shores will be 3 to 5 feet today, lowering to 1 to 3 feet Friday. Surf along east facing shores will be 2 to 4 feet through Friday. Surf along south facing shores will be 2 to 4 feet today, rising to […]
- Oahu Surf HazardsNo high surf advisory or warnings.
- Noa Napoleon – Latest Work
- K-Poi’s Fifty Favorite Surfing Spots – from 1965
- Eric Haas On Surfers Journal® and on Inter-Island Surf Shop®
- Hawai‘i’s Oldest Restaurants Are Still ‘Ono After All These Years
- Dick Brewer Waimea Bay Paddle Out
- Inside One of the Craziest Long Weekends of Lifeguard Rescues in Oahu History – from Outside Online
- Inter-Island Surf Shop David Darling Interview
- Peter Cole Paddle Out Sunset Beach Oahu
- Gary “Gabby” Haui Makalena