Inter-Island Shapes by Jim Phillips
Inter-Island Surfshop surfboards shaped by Jim Philips is the way to go for California surfers. Reasons: no shipping, no packing, or insurance from Hawaii to California which saves several hundreds of dollars. Inter-Island Surfshop Honolulu offers our stable of local shapers for all your Oahu needs — Contact Us!
Growing up on Oahu, one of Jim's first crushes was with Inter-Island Surf Shop. At the age of 16 Jim would bring his boards to IISS to have them glassed. "Back in '64, I remember thinking that if there was a place I would like to work it would be Inter-Island and Hobie. Since nobody was offering me a job I just continued to shape in my dad's carport and bring my boards to Inter-Island for glassing. $25 was a lot of money for a kid back in '64 but that was the cost and they were the place to be. Sparky was someone we looked up to as a pioneer and craftsman - I'm honored to carry on his legacy with the IISS family...it's a dream come true."
- EHUKAI reported 0-1 ft at 2:00 PM HST.Wind is ENE 10-20.
- MAKAHA reported 0-1 ft at 2:00 PM HST.Wind is E 10-20.
- MAKAPUU reported 2-4 ft at 2:00 PM HST.Wind is ENE 10-15.
- SANDY BEACH reported 3-5 ft at 2:00 PM HST.Wind is ENE 10-20. SHORE BREAK
- WAIKIKI reported 0-1 ft at 2:00 PM HST.Wind is ENE 10-15. CANOES
- SUNSET reported 2-3 ft at 8:00 AM HST.Wind is ENE 10-15.
- DIAMOND HEAD reported 1-3+ ft at 7:00 AM HST.Swell direction from the SSE. Swell period is 10 seconds. Wind is NE 05-10.
- Surf Forecast for OahuNOTE: Please check with local authorities regarding beach closures. Surf along north facing shores will be 3 to 5 feet today, lowering to 1 to 3 feet Friday. Surf along east facing shores will be 2 to 4 feet through Friday. Surf along south facing shores will be 2 to 4 feet today, rising to […]
- Oahu Surf HazardsNo high surf advisory or warnings.