Inter-Island Shapes by Jim Phillips
Inter-Island Surfshop surfboards shaped by Jim Philips is the way to go for California surfers. Reasons: no shipping, no packing, or insurance from Hawaii to California which saves several hundreds of dollars. Inter-Island Surfshop Honolulu offers our stable of local shapers for all your Oahu needs — Contact Us!
Growing up on Oahu, one of Jim's first crushes was with Inter-Island Surf Shop. At the age of 16 Jim would bring his boards to IISS to have them glassed. "Back in '64, I remember thinking that if there was a place I would like to work it would be Inter-Island and Hobie. Since nobody was offering me a job I just continued to shape in my dad's carport and bring my boards to Inter-Island for glassing. $25 was a lot of money for a kid back in '64 but that was the cost and they were the place to be. Sparky was someone we looked up to as a pioneer and craftsman - I'm honored to carry on his legacy with the IISS family...it's a dream come true."
- Ala Moana report not available.
- North Beach report not available.
- Waimea report not available.
- Alii report not available.
- Nanakuli report not available.
- Maili Pt report not available.
- Maili report not available.
- Makaha reported 1-2 ft at 2:40 PM HST.Wind is VRB 5-10.
- Sunset reported 4-6 ft at 6:40 AM HST.Wind is S 5.
- Ehukai reported 2-4 ft at 2:40 PM HST.Wind is VRB 10.
- Makapuu reported 1-3 ft at 2:40 PM HST.Wind is VRB 0-5.
- Sandy Beach reported 2-4 ft at 2:40 PM HST.Wind is E 5. Shore Break
- Waikiki reported 0-2 ft at 2:40 PM HST.Wind is VRB 5-10. Canoes
- Diamond Head reported 1-3 ft at 7:00 AM HST.Swell direction from the SSE. Swell period is 10 seconds. Wind is SE 5.
- Surf Forecast for OahuNOTE: Please check with local authorities regarding beach closures. Surf along north facing shores will be 3 to 5 feet today, lowering to 1 to 3 feet Friday. Surf along east facing shores will be 2 to 4 feet through Friday. Surf along south facing shores will be 2 to 4 feet today, rising to […]
- Oahu Surf HazardsNo high surf advisory or warnings.