China Uemura Celebration of Life
Roy Isamu Uemura, known to the surfing world as ‘China’ by those his senior and as ‘Uncle China’ by those younger, passed away on January 6, 2023. He lived life fully finding his own way as a surfer, professional surfer, and contest originator by starting two surfing contests, the Wahine Surfing Classic and the Longboard Surfing Classic. He was inducted into the Duke Kahanamoku Foundation’s Hawaii Waterman Hall of Fame.
Old Bull Lee – HISTORY OF BOARDSHORTS
Cultural and technical influences that
contributed to the evolution of simple early swimwear
into today's advanced boardshort
Behind The Scenes At The 2023 Eddie Aikau Big Wave Invitational With Mark Healey – Heat 1
The 2023 Eddie Aikau Big Wave Invitational With Mark Healey
Behind The Scenes At The 2023 Eddie Aikau Big Wave Invitational With Mark Healey – Heat 2
Mark Healey’s experience taking 3rd Place at XXL Waimea Bay at The 2023 Eddie Aikau Big Wave Invitational on January 22, 2023!
Noa Napoleon – Latest Work
Orion Barels, a regular Sunset Junkie! - Photo Noa Napoleon
CLICK to view a collection of Noa Napoleon's Surf Photography
K-Poi’s Fifty Favorite Surfing Spots – from 1965
Eric Haas On Surfers Journal® and on Inter-Island Surf Shop®
He’s one of the best surfers in the world and you’ve probably never heard of him. With a legendary reputation and high praise from world-renowned watermen, he remains an enigma, a single soul drifting through a life of countless waves. His name: Walter Eric Haas.
... CLICK HERE to read this excellent article by Jeff Johnson
on Surfers Journal® from 2000 complete!!!
Hawai‘i’s Oldest Restaurants Are Still ‘Ono After All These Years
Dick Brewer Waimea Bay Paddle Out
Here is Dick Brewer Paddle Out Video. It is meant to give you a flavor of the event. It is not meant as a professional documentary.
This Video referes to the David Darling Interview by Barry Morrison video (7:53) which was created after the paddle-out and can be found further down on the Inter-Island Blog page also his time shaping for Inter-Island Surfboards is mentioned (11:09).
Inside One of the Craziest Long Weekends of Lifeguard Rescues in Oahu History – from Outside Online
"During the second week of July on the island of Oahu, no one could stop talking about the huge incoming south swell. News of it was a hot topic among lifeguards, residents, and visitors alike, and as John Titchen, chief of Honolulu’s Ocean Safety Division, traded texts and emails with other local emergency-response-system staffs in preparation, he noted the anticipation and considered the consequences."
"Between Friday, July 15, and Monday, July 18, Oahu lifeguards made 2,105 rescues on the southern, windward (east), and leeward (west) coasts, including 800 on Sunday alone. For perspective, the entire island has tallied an average of 2,400 rescues annually for the past two years."
- EHUKAI reported 3-4 ft at 2:30 PM HST.Wind is VRB 05-10.
- MAKAHA reported 2-3 ft at 2:30 PM HST.Wind is VRB 05-10.
- MAKAPUU reported 1-2 ft at 2:30 PM HST.Wind is NE 05-10.
- SANDY BEACH reported 1-2 ft at 2:30 PM HST.Wind is SE 10-15. SHORE BREAK
- WAIKIKI reported 0-1 ft at 2:30 PM HST.Wind is VRB 05. CANOES
- SUNSET reported 3-4+ ft at 8:00 AM HST.Swell direction from the NW. Swell period is 8 seconds. Wind is VRB 05.
- DIAMOND HEAD reported 2-3 ft at 7:00 AM HST.Swell direction from the SSE. Swell period is 10 seconds. Wind is SSW 05-10.
- Surf Forecast for OahuNOTE: Please check with local authorities regarding beach closures. Surf along north facing shores will be 3 to 5 feet today, lowering to 1 to 3 feet Friday. Surf along east facing shores will be 2 to 4 feet through Friday. Surf along south facing shores will be 2 to 4 feet today, rising to […]
- Oahu Surf HazardsNo high surf advisory or warnings.
- China Uemura Celebration of Life
- Old Bull Lee – HISTORY OF BOARDSHORTS
- Behind The Scenes At The 2023 Eddie Aikau Big Wave Invitational With Mark Healey – Heat 1
- Behind The Scenes At The 2023 Eddie Aikau Big Wave Invitational With Mark Healey – Heat 2
- Noa Napoleon – Latest Work
- K-Poi’s Fifty Favorite Surfing Spots – from 1965
- Eric Haas On Surfers Journal® and on Inter-Island Surf Shop®
- Hawai‘i’s Oldest Restaurants Are Still ‘Ono After All These Years
- Dick Brewer Waimea Bay Paddle Out