Inter-Island Surf Shop Featured in Virgin Australia Magazine August 2015
The beachside capital of Hawaii offers more than
just sun and sand. Here, surfer and entrepreneur
Matt Luttrell shares the best places to eat, drink
and hang ten in his adopted home town.
Here in Hawaii, we ‘talk story’, which is local slang for shooting the breeze. One of my favourite people to talk story with is the owner of Inter-Island Surf Shop, Barry Morrison. No-one can tell a story like the owner of a surf shop, and if you bring Barry a beer, you can be sure you will hear a good one. Just remember to call ahead of time if the surf is up, though — Barry could very well be out surfing his favourite reef.
Barry Morrison, the owner of Inter-Island Surf Shop.
VIRGIN AUSTRALIA OFFERS
FLIGHTS TO HONOLULU WITH ITS CODESHARE
PARTNER HAWAIIAN AIRLINES. TO BOOK, VISIT
WWW.VIRGINAUSTRALIA.COM OR CALL
13 67 89 (IN AUSTRALIA).
Page 078 VIRGIN AUSTRALIA AUGUST 2015
’42 to ’82 – 40 Years of Surfboard Design and Surf Culture
A new exhibit up now in downtown Honolulu – Pauahi Tower Mezzanine (1003 Bishop Street) – The show is composed of 50 boards including seven vintage balsa guns, 3 Brewer Hobie guns, a Terry Martin Hobie gun, Brewer miniguns and a bunch of surf posters, magazines, movie posters, record albums, etc. Grand opening on 9/1/15, 4:30 to 7:00pm. Runs to October 31, 2015. Please join us.
1969 Pintail Gun
Shaped by Mike Turkington
Country Surfboards was founded in 1967 when a small group of North Shore surfers felt the need to combine their love of surfing with their need to make a living. Barry Kanaiapuni, Tiger Espere (shown above) and Mike Turkington all earned their credentials shaping for Country Surfboards.
1976 Wing Pin
Barry Kanaiaupuni was unsurpassed in his powerful bottom turns at Sunset Beach. He was a master shaper who produced iconic pintail guns for Rick Surfboards, Country Surfboards, Surfline and Lightning Bolt Hawaii.
1976 Pipeline Pintail Gun
Gerry Lopes was one of the top tube riders of the mid-1970’s at Banzai Pipeline. Trained by master shaper Dick Brewer, Lopez produced boards under the labels Hanapepe Surfshop, Surfline, Hansen surfboards and was a co-founder of Lightning Bolt Hawaii which became the most revered and copied 1970’s label.
Birdwell meets Inter-Island
Fan of the shop, Sunny!
winter Surf party
- EHUKAI reported 3-4 ft at 2:30 PM HST.Wind is VRB 05-10.
- MAKAHA reported 2-3 ft at 2:30 PM HST.Wind is VRB 05-10.
- MAKAPUU reported 1-2 ft at 2:30 PM HST.Wind is NE 05-10.
- SANDY BEACH reported 1-2 ft at 2:30 PM HST.Wind is SE 10-15. SHORE BREAK
- WAIKIKI reported 0-1 ft at 2:30 PM HST.Wind is VRB 05. CANOES
- SUNSET reported 3-4+ ft at 8:00 AM HST.Swell direction from the NW. Swell period is 8 seconds. Wind is VRB 05.
- DIAMOND HEAD reported 2-3 ft at 7:00 AM HST.Swell direction from the SSE. Swell period is 10 seconds. Wind is SSW 05-10.
- Surf Forecast for OahuNOTE: Please check with local authorities regarding beach closures. Surf along north facing shores will be 3 to 5 feet today, lowering to 1 to 3 feet Friday. Surf along east facing shores will be 2 to 4 feet through Friday. Surf along south facing shores will be 2 to 4 feet today, rising to […]
- Oahu Surf HazardsNo high surf advisory or warnings.
- China Uemura Celebration of Life
- Old Bull Lee – HISTORY OF BOARDSHORTS
- Behind The Scenes At The 2023 Eddie Aikau Big Wave Invitational With Mark Healey – Heat 1
- Behind The Scenes At The 2023 Eddie Aikau Big Wave Invitational With Mark Healey – Heat 2
- Noa Napoleon – Latest Work
- K-Poi’s Fifty Favorite Surfing Spots – from 1965
- Eric Haas On Surfers Journal® and on Inter-Island Surf Shop®
- Hawai‘i’s Oldest Restaurants Are Still ‘Ono After All These Years
- Dick Brewer Waimea Bay Paddle Out